We were asked to design, supply and install a theatre space for the main hall for the new Kelso High School.
This included a full drapes package, lighting stock and control plus projection and screen. A recording studio was also required for the music department.
We won the project through our strong relationship with both the council design team and Morrison Construction.
Key Project Steps
- Design and Consultancy – Met with the design team at a very early stage of the project to allow accurate pricing to be submitted as part of financial close and seamless integration with other trades on the project.
- Installation – Once on site we worked closely with the main contractor to fit around other projects of work in the space and ensure completion on time and on budget.
- This was one of the first schools we’ve completed using the ETC ColorSource 40 Lighting Desk, which has been very well received by school staff who find this very easy to use in comparison to other desks in the market.
- The main hall featured an electric raise/lower system for the over stage lighting bars.
Kelso High School
Completion: Summer 2017
Location: Kelso, Scottish Borders
Client: Morrison Construction on behalf of Scottish Borders Council and Hub South East
- 8no Selecon PLProfile MKII LED luminaire
- 8no Selecon PL1 MKII LED luminaire
- 8no Selecon PLCYC1 MKII LED luminaire
- 3no 8m lighting bars, 2 of which with Pilewind Winches
- 1no ETC ColorSource 40 lighting desk
- 1no Screen International 4m projection screen
- 1no Panasonic PT-EZ590 projector
- 1no Recording Studio package
- 4no Tecpro comms packs
- EEE drape track with Whaleys Black Drapes and Valance