Black Light were asked to deliver and maintain lighting, staging and rigging equipment to Pleasance’s 23+ venues and bar areas. The job was awarded to us due to our competitive pricing, long standing successful relationship with the client and being able to deliver a large scale job in a short amount of time.
Key Project Steps
- Initial quoting and working with the client to refine quotes.
- Logistics and organisation of kit and staff allocation.
- Delivered to site in a quick time and assisted with the build.
- Maintaining equipment throughout the run of the festival.
The main challenge provided by this project was availability of kit, this was due to the busy time of year regarding Edinburgh Festival Fringe. It was also a challenge to manage space in the warehouse while managing the client’s tight delivery schedule.
“In my 18 years of working with The Pleasance Theatre I have been lucky enough to work side by side with Black Light. They have consistently provided our lighting, rigging and staging and have always gone over and above to ensure that we are constantly supported and taken care of. Their ability to provide good quality equipment as standard but also to be able to cheerfully adapt and respond to last minute demands means that we can offer a better standard of service to our visiting companies.” Matt Britten, former Technical Operations Manager at The Pleasance Theatre.
Pleasance Theatre Trust: Edinburgh Festival Fringe
Completion Date: August 2016
Client: Pleasance Theatre Trust
- 545 generic lighting fixtures
- 104 LED lighting fixtures
- 58 intelligent lighting fixtures
- 444 metres of Truss
- 1521 loose rigging items
- 103 Distribution boxes
- 6 Avolite ART 2000 Dimmer Racks
- 113 metres of track
- Lots of cable – approximately 14 kilometres!