The project brief was to install bespoke LED exterior lighting to The Town House, Hamilton. The Town House is a multi-purpose arts venue and is a Category “A” listed building of Edwardian Baroque Style; it underwent a £9m refurbishment in 2004. We were commissioned to renew the exterior lighting with RBG LED lighting with wireless control.
We were chosen for this project as a qualified and trusted supplier and installer of Traxon LED products, who also offered the best value solution with the required skill-set to complete the project.
Key Project Steps
- Quotations, completing Invitation to Tender and pricing documents. This was followed by a site visit and we then conducted pre-risk assessments.
- Worked closely with the client and Traxon, who we are representatives for, in creating a bespoke installation that can be wirelessly controlled via iPad.
- Removed the old fittings and fixed 28 RGB Traxon allegro fittings to up light the building from existing positions, pulled required cable to tricky locations and commissioned customised tablet control and Wi-Fi network.
- Training and after sales support
The installation was a challenge due to the high level works on the main façade; this meant that access was required. It was also a challenge to stay within the budget set by the Town House but we managed while still providing a top quality installation.
We were able to deliver a bespoke cost-effective solution to the client that also reduced energy costs. It was a success all round as it was the first time we installed an exterior Wi-Fi network to control via the e-que app.
The Town House, Hamilton
Completion: September 2015
Location: Hamilton, Scotland
Client: The Town House, Hamilton
- Traxon Allegro XB36 RGB
- Traxon Nano Liner 36 RGB
- Butler XT2
- Android Tablet
- External Wi-Fi access point