The Production Technician role is a diverse and pro-active position at Black Light. Working closely with the Project Managers to deliver successful and memorable projects for our clients.
What The Role Involves
- Accurately assisting the Hire & Warehouse Team in picking and preparing orders for the production department.
- Checking production orders back in, in line with the appropriate procedures.
- Testing, preparation, and maintenance of our equipment.
- Overseeing the delivery of small productions to our clients.
- Assisting the Project Manager in the delivery and planning of projects.
- Supervising and management of employees or personnel associated with the project.
- Operation of lighting, sound and AV equipment.
- Editing and developing CAD Drawings.
- Representing the company in a positive manner always.
- Delivering Dry Hire equipment.
- Ability to work alone, as well as being a team player.
- Strong communication.
- Ability to work under pressure to given timeline.
- Driving Licence, with ability to drive vehicles up to 3.5t
- Polite, friendly and approachable by colleagues and clients.
- Computer Literate.
- Flexible and willing to learn.
- Problem Solving.
- Intuitive thinker.
- Strong working knowledge of current Lighting, Sound and AV Consoles.
- Good working knowledge of temporary electrical systems and safety.
- Good working knowledge of rigging equipment and the hanging of equipment.
- Good working knowledge of AV, Audio, Lighting, Staging and Rigging equipment.
Advantageous To The Role
- Forklift Licence.
- Telehandler Licence.
- BS7909 training and experience.
- First Aid qualification.
- IPAF 3a & 3b
- PASMA certificate.
- QLAB knowledge.
- Vectorworks Experience.
- Current RMS Experience.
- The role is Full Time, contracted to 40 hours per week.
- Normal working hours are 09:00 am – 17:30pm, Monday to Friday. However, the role does require flexible and unsociable working hours.
- Based from our HQ at West Shore Trading Estate, Edinburgh, with requirements to travel and work away from home.
- You will be enrolled in our Company Pension following successful completion of a probationary period.
- Salary would be based on knowledge and experience, circa £23,000 to £29,000.
- Overtime/TOIL is available.
- Annual Leave allowance of 29 days, with an additional day being added each year, following a years’ service being capped at 35 days.
How To Apply
Please email any questions and your interest to email@example.com in the first instance, including a CV, covering letter and any relevant references.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon Friday 19th May 2023.
Who We Are
Black Light is a leading provider of light, stage, sound and AV solutions. We come from a theatrical background and therefore have a passion for finding innovative and creative solutions to the most technical of challenges. Our track record speaks for itself: We have been supplying products and services to schools, theatres, exhibitions, conferences, trade shows, heritage centres and private clients for over 40 years.