The Project Manager position within our diverse Production department is key to the success of our projects. You will be working with a variety of clients on a vast array of different styles of event, responsible for ensuring expectations are met and exceeded, the planning and delivery of each step, ensuring budgets are kept and our projects are remembered.
What The Role Involves
- Producing proposals for Projects.
- Designing custom technical solutions and services for our clients.
- Accurately recording and actioning opportunities.
- Managing cost estimates and budgets for Projects.
- Pre-planning and the delivery of Logistics, Staffing and Equipment.
- Conducting appropriate Risk and Method Statements.
- Delivering high quality events and projects to our clients.
- Managing Key Accounts.
- Coordinating with internal departments and external suppliers to ensure each project is delivered to the highest standard.
- Creating and appropriately archiving job folders.
- Supervising and management of employees or personnel associated with the project.
- Producing CAD drawings.
- Representing the company in a positive manner always.
- Assisting the Head of Production.
- Assisting with other work to ensure the smooth running of the company.
- Ability to work alone, as well as being a team player.
- Experience of Project Managing (2yr+)
- Strong communication.
- Ability to work under pressure to given timeline.
- Driving Licence, with ability to drive vehicles up to 3.5t
- Polite, friendly, and approachable by colleagues and clients.
- Strong IT skills. (Microsoft Office)
- Flexible and willing to learn.
- Problem Solving.
- Intuitive thinker.
- Vectorworks Experience.
- Working knowledge of current Lighting, Audio, AV, Rigging and Staging systems
Advantageous To The Role
- Current RMS Experience.
- IOSH Courses.
- BS7909 Training and Experience.
- IPAF 3a & 3b.
- PASMA Certificate.
- National Rigging Certificate Accredited
- The role is Full Time, contracted to 40 hours per week.
- Normal working hours are 09:00am – 17:30pm, Monday to Friday. However, the role does require flexible and unsociable working hours.
- Based from our HQ at West Shore Trading Estate, Edinburgh (working from home available), with requirements to travel and work away from home.
- You will be enrolled in our Company Pension following successful completion of a probationary period.
- Salary would be based on knowledge and experience, circa £28,000 to £35,000.
- Overtime/TOIL is available.
- Annual Leave allowance of 29 days, with an additional day being added each year, following a years’ service being capped at 35 days.
How To Apply
Please email any questions and your interest to email@example.com in the first instance, including a CV, covering letter and any relevant references.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon Friday 19th May 2023.
Who We Are
Black Light is a leading provider of light, stage, sound, and AV solutions. We come from a theatrical background and therefore have a passion for finding innovative and creative solutions to the most technical of challenges. Our track record speaks for itself: We have been supplying products and services to schools, theatres, exhibitions, conferences, trade shows, heritage centres and private clients for over 40 years.